Buy the Book

To order from Amazon, click here. or from Cedar Fort, click here. or from B&N, click here.

To read the first 15 pages, click here.

Friday, December 3, 2010

Awesome Book Party/Amazing Week

This week was so awesome for me.  After months of preparation, I had my book launch party at Barnes and Noble in Maine. 

Around 100 people attended the event, and we sold every last copy the store had. That's right, my first signing event was SOLD OUT! I just realized how much I like that phrase.  It has a nice ring to it, don't you think?



The manager said that's never happened at any of her other book signing events.  She even had to start a list for customers to order more because a handful of people missed out.  It was incredible, and I have to thank my family for all the prep work with getting the word out and all my friends for showing up, some driving an hour just to attend.

I thought I'd have more time to mingle, but soon a line formed halfway through the store for people waiting to get their book signed.  I made sure to have nice, but short, chats with each of them.  It took an hour and a half for me to sign every book. 

After that, we had a drawing for a decorated balsam wreath that a local florist donated.  The last book sold along with the wreath, and some distant relatives even decided not to purchase copies until later so there would be enough for other customers. 

After haggling with too many musicians, I found a very affordable harpist to play at the event, and several people commented on the beautiful music and unique instrument.

I saw so many friends from my past and present, old co-workers, teachers, and even several readers who enjoy my work in the local media.  The last two guests who showed up were the two most recent missionaries in the area.  Just as I did many times in the book, I sent them home with a plate of food.

The one problem I had didn't happen until the next day when several friends who couldn't make it complained that both Barnes and Noble and Amazon are out of stock with the book.  I have no idea how normal that is.




The only version that seems available today is the Kindle edition, which, I suspect, can't be sold out.  I guess this is a good problem to have.

I've spent decades dreaming about my first book, and now it's finally here!  I still can't believe it.  Even Norris thinks it's cool (Well, he would if he actually knew about it.)






1 comment:

  1. Congrats Dan-and yes it is a normal enough problem for Amazon to run out of stock, irritating but normal.

    ReplyDelete